Onboarding is the process of creating your CoreView tenant, connecting it to your Microsoft 365 tenant, and importing the data from it. For a smooth and effortless onboarding process, we recommend watching the video below and following this guide.
Get ready for onboarding
First, ensure that you are properly prepared for onboarding.
Furthermore, you can find a comprehensive list of all the credentials you will need to use and which permissions will be required to authorize.
Then, you can rely on the step-by-step guide to be guided through the wizard, from the moment you receive an activation link to the complete data import. The steps are as follows:
- Activation link and Microsoft login: after you receive the activation link via email, log in to your Microsoft 365 account with the Global Administrator role granted, and start the onboarding wizard!
- Registration: review your Microsoft 365 account information, select the data center, and review and accept the terms and conditions.
- Grant consent: provide consent for the set of permissions required to use the Microsoft Graph API and Office 365 Management API, which are necessary for collecting reporting data from your tenant. Additionally, grant CoreView permission to create some read-only service accounts; this ensures that CoreView can gather reporting data effectively.
- Pre-import check: simulate the import process to verify whether CoreView can import data using the new service accounts.
- Data import: just wait for the data to be imported from your Microsoft 365 tenant to your CoreView Tenant!
- Configure extra consents: after onboarding, you will be able to grant extra consents. These consents are necessary to properly utilize the features and add-ons of CoreView.
In the event of any issues during the data import, we have documented the solution.