How to delegate
At times, it may be necessary for tenant admins to allow operators to manage playbooks. This is a multi-step process that includes the following main steps:
- Policy Box: make the policy visible by enabling the “Set as public” toggle within the Policy Box.
- Roles and permissions: activate the playbook(s) containing the policies that your operators need to manage.
- Roles and permissions: ensure that your delegated operators are assigned the appropriate Permission Set.
Below you can view all the necessary steps to delegate playbooks or policies to one or more operators:
Step 1: Enable the policy
To allow your operators to view policies, enable the desired policies by toggling on the “Set as public” option in the Policy Box.
Step 2: Go to Permissions
To ensure the visibility of specific policies for your delegated operators, it is necessary to make the corresponding playbooks visible by adjusting the permission settings.
To do so, follow these steps: click on “Permissions” under “Settings” in the sidebar menu.
Step 3: Select or create a Permission Set
Click on the title of the desired Permission Set to select it. Alternatively, you can create a new Permission Set.
Step 4: Go to Playbooks
You are now in the “Manage Permission” settings.
Select “Playbooks” from the left sidebar. Here, you will find all the playbooks (both Out-of-the-Box and Custom).
Step 5: Enable the playbook
Select the playbook(s) that the users with this Permission Set will manage, then click on the “Save” button in the bottom-left corner.
Remember: delegated operators will only be able to see enabled policies.
Step 6: Check if everything works!
Keep in mind the following steps to display specific playbooks or policies to your operators:
- Make the policy visible by enabling the “Set as public” toggle within the Policy Box.
- Activate the playbook(s) containing the policies that your operators need to manage.
- Ensure that your delegated operators are assigned the appropriate Permission Set.